newest nav

  • Home

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Before you buy your next sofa....

Hope you all are having a great week. It's been dreary and cold here in Dallas. I'm ready for a little sunshine please.

Well, tomorrow morning we will be getting our new sofa delivered to us. I'm pretty excited, but not jumping for joy, yet. Not just yet. Keep reading and you'll understand why. This will actually be our 4th sofa, style number 3 in the last year and a half. I know, it sounds ridiculous, but I promise, it's not because I have a hard time making decisions.

When we moved into our home, we purchased the Cottage Chic sofa from Havertys. I loved the slipcover look and the lines of this one. Very neutral and a style that could work just about anywhere.


{August 2011}
At first, my husband and I were completely happy with our purchase. But as months went on, we realized it wasn't the sofa for us, and we were regretting our purchase. We realized it was way too small for my tall, 6'4" husband to comfortably sit his booty on at 38" deep. Poor thing. He did approve it, but a dumb suggestion on my part. I was all about style at the time and not comfort. Also, the down cushions were the biggest pain in having to maintain. This sofa just wasn't holding up as you can see below.

Take it from me ya'll ~  PICK COMFORT OVER LOOKS! 

{November 2012}


After our one year warranty of course expired, I put in a call to Havertys to see if we had any options. My husband has a great saying, "If you don't ask, the answer is always no." I was shocked and thrilled to find out they would give us a credit towards a new sofa. They ultimately want the customer to be happy and I'm so glad they were willing to work with us. Come to find out, we weren't the only ones having issues with this model and has since, been discontinued.

So the search started for our new sofa. I was thinking deep and comfortable. I drug my mom with me to see what we could find, and we both liked this one, Indulgence as they call it. Simple, traditional, comfy, and deep, about 43". The hubs will love it. Totally a different color, but thought it would warm up the space and be a nice contrast. Chris gave it a nice sit, and it passed!




It took one week for us to realize this wasn't a good choice for us either. One week!  FEATHERS!!!!! LOTS OF FEATHERS poking through and poking our hineys. How could this be?? How could a furniture manufacturer like Havertys manufacture and sell a sofa like this?? Not happy campers at this point, but grateful to know they'd take this one back too. I don't know about ya'll, but I'm pretty sure I can do without the feathers from here on out.






So, here we are. We bought our first sofa, exchanged for a new one, exchanged again because of feather issues, and hopefully exchanging one last time for this model. I've read the reviews on the Amalfi, and it checked out OK! No feathers in this one!





It's been a little bit of a disaster, but I'm hoping third times a charm, style number 3. Again, it's unfortunate Havertys would sell this kind of quality to their customer, but also good in a sense in that they provide excellent customer service! Likely a great reason as to why they've been in business since 1885.



I hope I've helped saved you any disasters in your search to find your next sofa and some of ya'll can learn from my mistakes. Thanks for stopping by and I will be sure to give you an update on our latest!














5 comments:

  1. You are right sofas are tricky...slipcovered sofas are also very tricky unless you purchase the most espensive, they begin to look shabby...form follows function...how true that is...I adore the look of the new sofa..I was going to get one that style but it would only use a real small coffee table and I was concerned..so many things to think about...love your blog and am now a new follower..

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how has the Amalfi couch held up? I'm 6'5" and tomorrow my wife and I are planning to buy from the same line. Are you still happy with it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just curious, how has the Amalfi couch held up and is your husband still happy? I'm 6'5" - and my wife and I are planning to purchase a couple pieces from the collection this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sofa has held up extremely well! It's a microfiber so it wipes down real easily. My husband is 6'4" and he also enjoys it, especially the chaise. I would just recommend fluffing the pillow cushions every now and then. Overall, it's a great sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. almost 9 months later, what do you think? do you LOVE it? thinking about this one, we have a dog and a toddler boy! it needs to be durable

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...