newest nav

  • Home

Thursday, March 19, 2015

DIY Magnet Board

Hi friends! With my dads help, we just got done making this great magnet board for Lea's playroom.

Super easy and pretty inexpensive to make. I bought a piece of aluminum sheet metal from Lowe's for $20.00 and my dad backed it with a piece of wood and framed it out. He used liquid nail glue to affix the sheet metal to the wood and also used it to glue the frame around it. No nails were used!









Here's a list of things you need to make this magnet board. Everything you can purchase from Lowe's. (magnets separate:)



1. 24x36 piece of aluminum sheet metal (double check to make sure it's magnetic)
2. 24"x48" 1/8" pc of wood (dad cut it down to 24"x36")
3. (2) mounting blocks for hanging (dad cut these from some extra wood he had)
4. Wall trim molding of your choice
5. Liquid Nail Glue
6. Paint for molding (had some extra paint)
7. Picture hangers
8. ReadyScrew D Ring Hangers
9. Miter saw to cut trim molding at a 45 degree angle

TOTAL COST: $ 45.00
























Have you visited Printsagram yet?? Love their products! I bought these magnets and customized them with pictures of our family. Lea loves looking at them! I also have their 4x4 square photos which I used at her 1st birthday and ended up stringing those up in her playroom.























Here's my happy camper!!






Thanks for stopping by!! I've got some other projects in the works that I can't wait to share. I finished my Spring wreath and look forward to sharing that with you soon!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...