newest nav

  • Home

Friday, December 7, 2012

Lakewood Home Tour Recap

Hey guys! I recently went to the Lakewood Home Tour here in Dallas a few weeks back and wanted to share a couple homes with you I fell in love with. This was my second home tour I've been on here in Dallas, the first one was the Swiss Ave Home Tour I went to earlier this year. Comparing the two, I felt the Swiss Ave Home Tour had some pretty amazing and historical homes that really blew me away inside and out. There were a couple on this tour I'd love to share with you.

The first one is a ranch style home that the current homeowners purchased in 2011 and since have completely remodeled both the interior and exterior. I absolutely love the natural elements to the home and the simplicity. I think what makes this home is the backyard courtyard area.






{Love the rock edging}

{Great dining chairs from Timothy Oulton}

{Love the natural elements of the wood stump and coffee table}


{Great display of succulents}

{Simple display with pasta}

{To the right on the console you'll notice a vintage typewriter}

{Great cowhide rug, but I'd hate to spill anything}

{My favorite part of the house}

{Now you know what to do with your empty wine bottles}



{Seating outside}

I thought this was a great and inexpensive decorative idea for a child's room. Under each letter is a painted canvas with a wooden letter glued to the center of the canvas. Super creative and something you can totally customize with colors, etc. Love it!

{Fun idea for a child's room}


{Love the colored glass}



This is a great rendition of a traditional farmhouse with a modern twist! Super quaint, but missing a few trees. Still one of my favorites. The inside was super eclectic and I didn't want to leave because of the outdoor screened in porch upstairs. I wanted to just curl up with a book and take a nap. Ahhhh...what a nice room to have. 


{Image via}

{Screened in sleeping porch, image via}

Darling little nursery with an aquatic theme. Yet again, a simple and inexpensive way to make an art piece. The art above the crib is actually made of FELT! Yes, felt. Just cut and glue. How cool is that!!



{Super cute nursery, Image via}


Hope you enjoyed part of the tour as much as I did! Can't wait to see what's next on the calendar. It's always fun to take a sneak peek to see how others live and get ideas. These home tours are kinda strange in the fact that people open up their homes to total strangers like myself:)  I'm not sure I could do it. I give them props!

What idea or house did you like the best?? Hope you have a great weekend!!

Allison






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...