newest nav

  • Home

Saturday, September 22, 2012

It's a Match!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Been working on some great projects, and have lots to share. Will have some good stuff in the following weeks.

I did want to share and do a quick post. I love when things come together. We spent months without a rug in front of the kitchen sink. We originally had a sisal rug we bought from Ikea in front of the sink. Sisal is great, but I wouldn't recommend one if it's going to be used in a high traffic area. Maybe some are better than others at getting stains out, but ours..not so much.

This is what is looked like three months later after much scrubbing. Sorry, it's been folded up in our garage and just snapped a quick pic to show you. Love that big spot in the middle. It drove me nuts and I finally had to remove it.

{See what I mean, not so pretty anymore}

Months passed and still no kitchen rug. I looked and looked every time I was out and about at Home Goods. Never anything worth while. Finally it was my day. I stopped into Home Goods and found a great looking rug. I didn't know if the size would work, but I was pretty certain the colors would work. When I got it home, it was perfect and what do you know..it matches "down to the t" with my dish towels.

Love that!! It was meant to be and totally worth the wait. Basically, the point I'm trying to make is wait!! Wait until you find something that hits you! Don't buy to buy. It's worth taking the time and finding something that you really love.

What do you think?? Much better improvement. It's even got the bright blues, turquoise, reds, etc. It couldn't be a better match and the perfect size. Meant to be!!

{Home Goods Purchase}







1 comment:

  1. I'd never thought of putting a rug under the sink but that works really well! Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...