newest nav

  • Home

Monday, March 26, 2012

I'm on a search, all things orange today

Today, I am on a search for all things ORANGE. This past week we revamped our study and I'm excited to show you how it turned out! What a difference paint and some furniture at IKEA made. There are a few things I need to get it finished up before I post after pics. Looking for some great curtains, a pillow, and decorative orange accents to finish up the room. I thought a burnt orange would be a great complimentary color to the blue we selected. 


Whatcha think?? Headed to World Market today it looks like!


{World Market Pillow @ 26.99}

{World Market Pillow @ 19.99}




We selected a  Benjamin Moore color, Van Courtland Blue. I actually brought a BM swatch into Home Depot and they had the knock off color in Glidden already in the system. I'll take it!!! I couldn't be more happy with how the color turned out. It's a great color for a study or even a bedroom. It's definitely a bluish-gray. Has just enough of each tone in there. Highly recommend this blue!! 



{Benjamin Moore Van Courtland Blue}
{Gray-Blue Tones}

I read some great psychological effects about the color "Blue" and here is what I found. The blue you select will really make a difference how all these factors play out. When in doubt, get a sample of the color and get it up on your walls first. Lots of options out there. 




Psychology of Blue



1. Blue calls to mind feelings of calmness or serenity. 
2. It is often described as peaceful, tranquil, secure and orderly. 
3. It can also create feelings of sadness or aloofness.
4. Blue is often used to decorate offices because research has shown that people are more productive in blue. 
5. It can also lower the pulse rate and body temperature. 
6. Blue has a soothing quality about it that makes people feel relaxed and comfortable. 
7. Stimulates creativity. 

{Resource from 11eleven-life blogspot}


Well, wish me luck in my search today for all things orange. I can't wait to show you how the study turned out and get your feedback on everything. Will have the afters I'm planning to post this week. 


Have a great day! Happy Monday!!



3 comments:

  1. Nice cushions and pillows. I think pillow covers designed by handmade embroidery workers??

    Kitchen Faucet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I actually went with a different pillow. A solid. I'm not sure who makes the pillows. I know World Market has them available. The top one is embroidered. The bottom is just a a print:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your space looks absolutely amazing! Great job and thanks so much for linking it up:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...