newest nav

  • Home

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Let's do some Faux Finishing

I LOVE Faux Finishing!! It's such a fun way to change the complete look of a piece! Plus, you don't need to go out and buy something new, right?? We all like to save a little money where needed, I know I do. Depending upon the project, my supplies typically come from Michael's. They've got great acrylic paints in different finishes such as golds, silvers, and metallics. I love to mix up my palette and use multiple colors. It gives the piece your working on more depth and interest. You can take an ordinary piece that has no life and make it something completely unique.

So without further ado, I'd like to share with you a piece I just finished today. The piece was originally bought by my husband. He really loves his Greek culture and this was one of his I finally put to good use. The color drove me nuts. It was bland and the paint was chipping on the surface. I had to scrape off the chipped paint and sand it down to get a smooth surface.

                                                                        {Before}

                                                                  {Paint Chipping}

                                                                           {After}





I opted to use it in our bathroom and put a candle on it and some bath salts. Now it has purpose and brings added interest to our master bath. I used Restoration Hardware paint, color Slate, for most of the coverage. Then I mixed in other paints from Michael's to create the weathered, aged look. Once it dried, I sanded off some areas to give it the look I wanted. Now it's time for a relaxing bath:)

There may be something in your home you could do the same with...I'd love to hear about projects your working on!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...