newest nav

  • Home

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy 2012!! Stop and Smell the Roses!

image via Pinterest
It's a new year! Not hoping it to be better than the last because no matter what, our time here is a blessing. 2011 was a good year, but ready to take on 2012.

image via Pinterest


We made our way back to Dallas and to be around our family and friends again is great. Although, there are many times I think I don't see them enough. I'm hoping that will change for 2012.

We bought our first home which has been exciting, but also overwhelming. It's easy to get so consumed with making your home a home. You forget to stop and look around and see what you do have and what a blessing it is to have a home. I've taken some time to just enjoy my home these past couple months and be grateful for what we have.

image via Pinterest


And with a new year brings new year resolutions. 

I feel it's a time for me to do some giving back. What's life without doing for others. One resolution is to get back volunteering. We are a society that is consumed with the latest and greatest whether it's fashion, technology, etc. I'm over it! Many people now have this sense of entitlement and it's really too bad. If people can bring it down and find that those "things" AREN'T going to make them BETTER, PRETTIER, RICHER, or SMARTER. It's time to stop obsessing about yourself or your house (i'm one to blame) and put some of  that energy into giving back and helping others. Pretty rewarding feeling at the end of the day. I'm ready to make it happen!

image via Pinterest


Another is to make more time to hang out with our friends and our family and make some new friends. Getting on Facebook isn't enough for me and I really hope I'm not the only out there that feels the this way. It's not fulfilling honestly. Most of the time it's upsetting. What ever happened to getting together with a friend for lunch or dinner or a simple phone call. We've got all the time in the world to run errands, but no time it feels like to see a friend. It's like we need to plan it 2 months in advance. Why is that?? I'm definitely willing to make more time if they are..

image via Pinterest


As for projects at home, I'm ready to dive into some. Things take time and making a home takes time. It doesn't happen overnight. Nor can I be overly consumed with our home like I have in the months past. There is more to life and that's living it and enjoying the moment.

I wish for your 2012, to be a happy one. Take the time to sit back and relax! Stop and smell the roses and to slow down just a bit. Your next day isn't a guarantee. Ask yourself...what's really important???

Image via Pinterest


All the Best for 2012!!!
Allison 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...